This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Monday, June 28

Friday 25th June - Rushmere Park

A very busy weekend started on Friday evening with some bat surveys a Rushmere Park on the Beds/Bucks border. A joint effort of the NBBG and the Beds Group. Thanks to Bob Cornes for organising.

A record 54 Brown Long-eared Bats were recorded from the roost.
Species heard on detectors were Soprano Pips, Common Pips, Myotis sp., Noctules, Brown Long-eared, Daubenton's and most interesting passes by Barbastelles. Alas I can't add Barbastelle to my Bucks list as I'm not fully sure I heard one in Bucks. But will certainly return to this site as this species is rare in Bucks and offers a good chance to hear one.

I also found 3 Glow worms in the Beds section - which was nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment