This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Friday, December 10

Linford Lakes at lunch time

A balmy 4 oC greeted me at Linford today, actually felt warmer than that.
I headed for Woodland Hide and could hear a large flock of finches from some distance away. I saw the birds flying around in a large flock a few times. I finally picked out that these were mainly Siskins and around 80 in total, but very hard to see as they would have shown better from Swans Way near the sheep pens. A quick look from Near Hide produced a near frozen lake, but a hole behind the bund held 55 Teal, the main duck and a small number of Wigeon, Tufted and Gadwall were with the Mute Swans and a few Black-headed Gulls. The odd 'whistling' Bullfinch were also heard.
Other news around the city, the Scaup remains at Caldecotte. Waxwings again in Blakelands and Rob had a Lesser Spotted Woodpecker whilst doing his tetrad in Lathbury.

No comments:

Post a Comment