This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Monday, January 24

Lodge Lake yesterday morning

I've been asked to carry out some urban bird survey's for a local ecologists. Yesterday was my first at Lodge Lake. Nothing earth shattering as this was the initial "what's actually there" survey. Highlights were a male Sparrow Hawk whizzing through with a couple of Greenfinch as his wing men. But the best surprise was a female Goosander which circled my position and appeared to land on the main lake, out of my view. Around 5 minutes later the bird circled above again and flew off towards CMK. (Disappointingly this being my second visit in a week and still no sign of the normally regular Little Grebes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment