This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Tuesday, January 18

This morning

Whilst collecting the milk of the doorstep this morning I noticed Shenley Wood alive with bird song. After I few moments I picked out a Song Thrush towards the top of the wood, a bit further away than last years bird. So imagine this could have been in song for a few days/weeks now.

With an appointment before work I didn't do the school run so found myself with 10 minutes spare. So after fighting through the rush hour I decided to stop off at Lloyds Court in Central Milton Keynes to see if the Waxwings were still hanging on. I estimated around 200 sat between the row of trees along the car parking spaces and birds actually feeding on the red berries alongside the grid road. An amazing noise was coming from all quarters. Even a few members of the general public were stopping by and taking photo's on their mobile phones. Not many berries left as far as I could see. Also, note to self - never stand underneath a flock of Waxwings in a tree, the amount of droppings was like rain coming down!

1 comment:

  1. Had to laugh at your last observation.
    I did the same thing at Tesco the other Sunday, and got covered lol

    ReplyDelete