This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Friday, January 21

Lodge Lake

With two lunch hours missed this week I was determined to get my bins on and get out for today's.
Where to go.............thought Lodge Lake might be productive, possibles - Bittern, Beardies, returning Cettis Warbler, even Grey Wag or Kingfisher would have been a nice year tick. I'd not been to Lodge Lake for a long time but the habitat still looks good for all of the above. Didn't do a full lap, mainly concentrating on the main reed beds.
Best spots were a male and 3 female Reed Buntings feeding on the reed mace heads. A noisy charm of Goldfinch's feeding in the Alders didn't produce any Redpolls or Siskins. Nearly every other bird was a Robin, seemed to be all over the place. Disappointed not to see any Little Grebe either.
Cold but nice in the sun shine.

No comments:

Post a Comment