This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Sunday, October 24

Ivinghoe Beacon, Lapper, dip no. 2!

Mid morning I received a text from Mike Wallen that Dave Bilcock had located a new Lapland Bunting near the sheep pens below the beacon. So this time I tried again when I had a family free window mid afternoon. I also increased my chances by taking Nik and Rob N along. Dropping down the slope from the car park, towards the sheep pens we notched up at least 3 Bramblings feeding in one of the larger Whitebeams. As we approached the sheep pens we started scanning the stubble field looking for a needle in a stack of needles. We easily picked up the large Skylark flock which also contained lots of Linnets but failed to pick out the Lapland Bunting. Then to add insult another Lapland Bunting was reported from Dorney Lakes at the very south end of the county. Surely one or two of these little brown jobs must be up north and around Milton Keynes?

No comments:

Post a Comment