This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Saturday, October 2

Marshy's back !

Earlier in the week I thought I'd heard a Marsh Tit in Shenley Wood whilst packing the girls into the car for the school run. This morning I saw one leaving next doors Corkscrew Willow (which borders our garden) with a seed in it's beak and fly off towards the wood. This species previously over wintered in the woods and was a regular feeder to next doors garden. Can't ever remember it coming into our garden!
An early morning bicycle ride with my eldest this morning to collect the Saturday papers and still noted 4 Skylarks and 1+ Meadow Pipit in the small area of grass/park land that splits Oxley Park Plus 2 House Martins and a Swallow moving through.
Later in the backgarden I could hear a few Meadow Pipits moving overhead and a Migrant Hawker Dragonfly put in a brief appearance.

No comments:

Post a Comment