This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Sunday, October 10

NBBG visit near Brill

The North Bucks Bat Group attended a box check scheme near Brill this evening.
An email was sent around last week of some Leislers bats being found in the boxes, a species I've never seen before and really needed for my mammal list.
So of course I got a pass out and attended the early evening box check. With only 17 boxes to check it wasn't going to be a late night.
First up 3 Soprano Pips, closely followed by this handsome bat, a male Leislers Bat, as said, a first for me and my 30th mammal species in Buckinghamshire this year and my 43rd mammal for England.



He really was a very smart bat. After we'd finished the box checking we check out a Pipistrelle roost in one of the nearby buildings and amazingly found a Whiskered Bat hiding under a couple of planks of wood propped up again the side of a wall! We then detected Common Pips starting to feed and heard a probably Noctule fly over, but this could have been the male Leislers?
An amazing evening and good to catch up with everyone.
Many thanks to Hannah for organising the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment