This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Saturday, November 27

Shenley Wood

A quick lap with the family this afternoon in the wintry conditions. Didn't produce much in the way of bird life. A Jay, Blackbird, Magpies and Wood pigeons were about the best on offer. With most of the woodland birds near the houses where the food was on offer.
On a positive note all 11 of my bat boxes were still hanging and intact.
I took a few pictures of the new development surrounding the wood.
This facing south towards Westcroft -



These new drainage ditches were completely frozen. Two pipits flew towards the 'old peoples home' development (1st picture). I bet these water courses would be good for passing migrants if you can get there before the dog walkers.


Facing south -

I also took a stock count of the number of 'wood pecker' holes around the wood. If 70 plus Noctule Bats can take up residence in an thin Ash tree - who knows what other bat species can be found next spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment