This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Tuesday, November 30

Tongwell Lake

Earlier in the day Rob had text with news of a small flock of Redpolls in the plantation at Tongwell Lake. So I took a trip over in my lunch hour. I soon located the flock feeding in alder about 50 yards along from the houses. Here I counted 13 at least and did note, as Rob had, that some appeared bigger and whiter than some of the 'gingery' ones. They were then spooked and all flew off and did a few laps around the top of the trees - here I counted around 25 birds.
Better do some more swatting up on 'Mealys' v 'Lessers'!
I then had a quick look along Wedgewood Avenue for yesterdays Waxwings but no joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment