This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Tuesday, November 23

Waxwings are coming....

With a report of 43 Waxwings feeding on Rowan in the Kiln Farm estate this morning. I thought I'd use a little of my lunch hour to do a few laps of CMK to try my luck. I tried the previous couple of sites that these amazing birds had used before. First up was a side road down the side of the central library, plenty of cotoneaster berries still here. Then round to Lloyd's Court and the bushes around the car park. About 10+ Starlings in the trees above the road needed a second glance but no Waxwings. A flock of small finch's left an alder on another back road, hoping for Redpolls, these turned out to be Goldfinches.

No comments:

Post a Comment