This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Monday, November 29

Swans Way, Linford

With the days getting shorter and no chance of any birding before or after work, I'm making every effort to use my lunch breaks as effectively as possible to try and mop up some decent birds before the years out. Alas my mammal list is also drawing to and end.
First up another try for Short-eared Owls along Swans Way. No owls seen from my car but two Kestrels suggests the food chain is still active. I did get an email beep on my phone, which I didn't read at first, I then received a text from Simon a few minutes later to advise that 25 Waxwings were in a tree a couple of miles away at Blakelands, but I decided time was tight and stuck it out hoping for some owls.
Also the female Smew was still reported from Caldecotte.

No comments:

Post a Comment