This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Saturday, November 20

Willen Lake North at dusk

I met up with Rob late in the afternoon to check out reports of a large Starling gathering at Willen North. I parked up beyond the Hospice and found Rob already on site and the Starlings starting their ariel display. We estimated about 2ooo. These then divided off and roosted in numerous sections of the reed beds around the lake. Lots of wildfowl on the calm lake and Rob mentioned he counted over 86 Cormorants roosting in the trees to the back of the island.

The Bearded Tits were also reported from Walton Balancing Lake today.

No comments:

Post a Comment