This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Friday, November 26

Swans Way, Linford

With a report of a Short-eared Owl back at a previous favoured haunt on the 18th. I tried my luck to see if any were hunting in the sunshine this afternoon. First issue was the new gate across the road near the sheep pens was padlocked, thus stopping me checking out the back of Linford and Haversham weir. But I was still able to park near the sheep pens. Scanning the field and near the ruined church didn't produce any owls. Actually the only mammal muncher was a Kestrel flying across the road as I left. I did however spend most of my time watching the row of Alder trees inside the Linford Reserve hoping to see if any Redpolls were around. I did get some nice views of Fieldfares, Redwings and a large tit flock held Blue, Great and Long Tailed. Finally I picked out 1 male Siskin feeding in one of the Alders. A crow scarer was being used from the fishing pits and 26 Cormorants flew over heading towards Haversham Lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment