This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Sunday, July 25

Saturday Evening - Little Linford Wood early evening

Late afternoon I took both of my daughters up to Little Linford Wood to meet Martin and his niece Daisy for another butterfly survey and wander around this great reserve. A warm and sunny afternoon did not disappoint and at 17:00 hours within our 15 minutes we recorded:
1 Peacock, 3 White Admiral (alas missing from Shenley earlier), 1 Speckled Wood, 1 Comma, 4 Ringlet, 2 Small White, 2 Small Skippers, 1 Large White, 1 Brown Argus ( a year tick for me :) and 1 Silver Y. Details added to the www.bigbutterflycount.org
Other highlights of the trip included 2 Marsh Tits, 1 Yellow Wagtail and 2 Grey Partridge - both of these along the road out of the reserve.

No comments:

Post a Comment