This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Sunday, July 25

Saturday lunchtime - front garden

Alas with most of my weekends wildlife watching it will normally come down to a Sunday night typing session! So here's a recap.
With -www.bigbutterflycount.org - hot in the news - (even my mother called me Friday night to tell me she'd seen the press regards this event!)
So as per the above I was chuffed to find the returning Humming-bird hawk-moth back on the front garden lavender so thought I'd patrol the front garden for another 15 minutes at 11:50 to complete a survey. Only other butterflies added were 1 Large Skipper, 1 Small White and 1 Gate Keeper. A Buzzard over Shenley Wood was a nice bonus.
With the survey bug and the sun finally breaking through I took my eldest into Shenley Wood (well the top of the ride from our house) to carry out another survey --- come on, surely a 7 year old can keep her attention span for 15 minutes (my 5 year old had already refused earlier - point blank :-)!
We had an excellent 15 minute survey with : only 1 scratched thumb and 2 near misses of dog mess on the path - Butterflies included: 3 Large Whites, 4 Ringlets, 1 Green-veined White, 2 Speckled Wood, 1 Large Skipper, 4 Small White and 1 Brimstone. Disappointed not to add White Admiral to this list but I had other plans up my sleeve for the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment