This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Friday, July 16

Lunch hour at Broughton Grounds

Not sure where my lunch hours have gone this week, today was the first time I'd got my bins out in ages.
I decided to check Broughton Grounds and complete my reptile survey for the Parks Trust as I'd not been for over a month. With the temperature at 19 c and overcast conditions I thought I might be in with a chance of finding my first reptiles at the site. Luckily all the ACO's were still in place but alas still no reptiles, just a few large ants nests with lots of pupa and eggs on show. Even with the strong SSW winds I encountered lots of butterflies on the wing. 10+ Gatekeepers and 1 Small Skipper were my firsts of the year, 8+ Marbled Whites, 10+ Ringlets and 8+ Small Whites. Best bird was a Kestrel and no mammals seen.
Not checked the Noctule roost for a while, will do this evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment