This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Friday, July 30

Next week

Off for a week to the Dorset coastline tomorrow, so have as good an opportunity as any to add lots of mammals to my year list. All these are possible:
Common Dolphin, Bottle-nose Dolphin (lifer), Harbour Porpoise. Common and/or Grey Seals.
Rarer dolphins/Whales?
Red Squirrel and Sika Deer with a day trip planned to Brownsea Island.
I'll be taking some Longworth 'hotels' so possibly Yellow-necked Mouse, Field Vole or Pygmy Shrew could turn up.
Not to mention all the Otters, Stoats, Wild Boar and Mink dodging the car headlights.
I will be armed with a bat detector also.
Plus, lots of birds as my current year list is way down on usual.
I'll only have my mobile phone so updates on the blog will be short and sweet. Good bird sightings we'll be texted/called into Bird Guides.
Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment