This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Thursday, August 19

Broughton Grounds lunch hour

I completed my reptile survey at this site for the Parks Trust. As before, found no reptiles. But did find a Pygmy Shrew under one of the tins. This is my 38th mammal species for England and my 29th for Buckinghamshire, well chuffed to finally see one of these tiny shrews. Also on site I flushed a Chinese Water Deer, I then spotted a Rabbit on the verge of one of the grid roads and a road kill Grey Squirrel near one of the roundabouts rounded up my mammal count.
Bird life at Broughton was thin on the ground with just 3 fly over Yellowhammers.
A few Meadow Browns and a Small White were also noted

No comments:

Post a Comment