This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Friday, August 20

Linford Lakes at lunch time

OMG - another Pygmy Shrew under one of the ACO's, this time I got to see the whole of the tiny mammal, including the 'doomed' head. Like yesterdays, it showed two tone in colour, with a long thick/hairy tail and tiny size overall.
I also recorded my first Red Admiral at this site this year - Linford has usually been very reliable for this species in the past.
Birds of note included a Spotted Flycatcher along the entrance track and a Chiff Chaff singing. Tufted Duck numbers were also on the increase.
The log book noted a 'Slav Grebe' yesterday but I couldn't see anything other than Great Crested today.
I've also noted what a good year 7 Spotted Ladybirds are having this year - anyone else agree?

2 comments:

  1. Re the seven spotters Paul yep i'd noticed a big increase in the garden this year only yesterday plus our first Common Blues too in a smal area area of 'set aside', another species thats seems to have its head up this year having seen them in two or three locations i'd never noticed them before along the Ouse Valley.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chris, you are right, I think Common Blues are also having a good year.

    ReplyDelete