This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Thursday, August 26

Linford Lakes after work

I re visited Linford after work in the drizzle and overcast conditions to see if anything new had fallen in.
Plus I'd have a little more time to stake out the roaming tit/chiff flock along the main entrance path.
Again Blackhorse Lake showed a repeat of earlier in the day with numerous Common Terns and lots of low flying hirundines skimming the lakes surface.
Once along the entrance path inside the reserve and slowly stalking the birds I'd estimate that I counted 11+ Chiff Chaffs, 3+ Willow Warblers, 1 Lesser Whitethroat and 1 male Blackcap amongst the numerous Blue, Great and Long tailed Tits.
The bund remained quiet from Near Hide. So I decided to continue on round to Far Hide. After a few sweeps of the bund nothing was seen except 2 Little Egret and at least another 20 Common Teal hiding from the north easterly. Another couple of scans with the scope on full zoom I finally spotted a Common Sandpiper in the early evening gloom. But that was about that. Again I returned to the entrance track and the tit/chiff flock remained, dashing from side to side, surely a 'rarer' bird is in amongst them.

No comments:

Post a Comment