This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Monday, August 16

Sunday 15th trip to Harrold & Odell CP

With nothing else 'on' birds wise, Rob and I took a trip across the border this evening to tick Black-necked Grebes in Bedfordshire. It was a patch tick for me and my thoughts were this site looked good for Otter or Mink. Plus, Robs on 4!! Stoats for the year so hoping some of his luck would rub off on me. I had only seen my second 'dead' Stoat of the year on the Tingewick bypass earlier in the day.
The site was good with a mixture of habitats and with water levels low we also added 2 Green Sandpipers and a juvenile Ruff plus the 2 Black-necked Grebes were showing well.
A slow drive home through the countryside did produce a small mammal running across the road but I didn't get a good enough look to see what it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment