This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Thursday, August 26

English Mammal list update

Two thirds of the year nearly over and I'm still short some easy and difficult mammals for the my English 2010 year list.
Most notable and probably easiest to catch up with 'locally' are:
Field Vole, Mole, Mink and Stoat.
Harder ones include:
Harvest Mouse, Otter, Yellow-necked Mouse, Wild Boar and Polecat.
Of the remaining bat species I'm still short:
Leislers, Nathusius Pip, Alcathoe and Grey Long-eared.
Coastal wise I'm still short of everything !
Harbour Porpoise, Grey and Common Seal and any Dolphins or Whales !
All that's left in the England as far as I can see is Mountain Hare and I have a plan to see these.....

No comments:

Post a Comment