This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Tuesday, August 17

Central Milton Keynes

I’ve not stopped off at CMK waste ground for good while. But did this morning. Alas nothing seen at all except 2 fly over pigeons. Then I picked up a raptor soaring towards Sainsbury’s at the far end. I eventually picked out the white cheek of a Hobby, I then noticed it was carrying an item of prey in its talons and eating it as it drifted off east – probably hirundine as none of these were around either. I then brought my bins down back to the ‘red cargo’ container and picked up another raptor flying directly towards me at top speed and head high, it passed between the container and fence. It then flew over a the perimeter fence ( a perfectly good fence on which to perch ) and landed on the bonnet of my car! It didn’t look at me but kept looking around for hunting opportunities, unhappy with these it then flew onto the top of the car and the pair off us eyed each other through the sun roof for a minute or so before it took off towards Argos. It was a nice juvenile Sparrowhawk and had the most piercing yellow eyes. Guess these two raptors were the reason CMK was devoid of birdlife at 08:50 this morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment