This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Friday, September 17

Broughton Grounds lunch time

Some sunshine but mainly cloudy. A brisk WNW wind and temperatures around 13 oC. Perhaps my last survey of this site for the Parks Trust and finally found my first reptile. A small juvenile Grass Snake curled up under one of the carpet tiles. Under 14 cms long and under a cm thick. Also found some mammal droppings on top of one of the ACO's. Took some record shots on my mobile, will check the books when I get home. Could be adding Field Vole (Poo) to my mammal list for the year as still need that species!
On the bird front 2 Buzzards, 10 Meadow Pipits in the cleared stubble field near the car park and a couple of Lapwing over.

No comments:

Post a Comment