This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Wednesday, September 8

Linford Lakes - the calm remains

Another dull day on the wildlife front today. No sign of Rob H's dawn Common Redstart along the entrance track.
The singing Blackcap was still present, but very quiet and not giving off it's final phrase, which made me think it was a Garden Warbler yesterday.
A pair of Buzzard thermalled above the paths. The odd Chiff Chaff gave contact calls.
On the bund you could have any wader you want as long as it was a Lapwing.
Butterflies included Brimstone, Speckled Wood and Small White.
A pair of mating Ruddy Darters were too good an opportunity to take a few snaps on my mobile phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment