This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Friday, September 17

CMK R.I.P (again.....)

Decided to drive into work today instead of cycling. Hence no Linford lunch time trips this week. Today also looks like my last opportunity to complete my reptile survey at Broughton Grounds later. Didn't have to do the school run either so had a spare 5 minutes to stop off at CMK (the waste ground opposite Argos). Not a great start to see as man with a van (and small digger) clearing all the lovely habitat - er pallets/bath tub/cable drums/mounds of earth etc. So the site was birdless and I imagine further works are due to start.
But a little gem still remained, whilst talking to Rob N on the phone to discuss our different birding trips this Sunday, I noticed a bird with a flicking tail in my rear view mirror. Grab my bins again to see a Wheatear feeding around the deserted car park. Nice start to the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment