This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Sunday, September 5

Norfolk today

Rob and I took a day trip to the Norfolk coastline today, my intention was to tick off Grey and Common Seals, do a little see watching and add some birds to my year list. These are the hi-lights from Cley, Salthouse, Stiffkey and Holme NOA:
Harbour Porpoise ! Seen really close in from Cley beach, soon followed by a Grey Seal ! Two mammal year ticks in the space of a few minutes at the start of the day (40th & 41st).
'Pishing' a family party of Weasels with Mike and Rose Collard was brilliant - mail us a picture if any good please Mike? A Muntjac, Hare, Grey Squirrel and Rabbits were also seen.
As you'll see I've also updated my 'dead' mammal list, it was carnage out there!
Decent birds notched up included: Arctic Skuas, Hooded Crow, Little Stints, Merlin, Red-backed Shrike, Pied Flycatcher and Red-necked Phalarope. Dipped out on Barred Warbler and Lapland Bunting.
I now have to devise another way of see Common Seal for my year list.

No comments:

Post a Comment