This blog is about all forms of wildlife I record around North Buckinghamshire and Milton Keynes in particular. My main interests for 2012 will be looking for anything I've not seen before.

Wednesday, September 1

Linford Lakes - Painted Lady

Wow September already and another nice sunny half hour spent as Linford today. Wasn't expecting much bird wise due to the high pressure. But was delighted to find a Spotted Flycatcher feeding along the main track. A few minutes spent watching the warbler flock showed a Garden Warbler and Lesser Whitethroat - both looking stunning in the sunshine. Then a Yellow Wagtail flew over calling.
Only a juvenile Common Tern of note from the hide. Walking back I heard a rustle in the undergrowth on one of the banks, looked over and saw a flash of chestnut/red of a mammal which I predict was a Bank Vole.
Nik had texted earlier to advise he'd seen a Painted Lady near Oxley Park shops on a Buddleia. So as I got back to the car park I thought I'd put my bins on the Buddleia growing in the wildlife garden, first up a Peacock, then a Brimstone and last but not least 1 Painted Lady, my first of the year. No time for any pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment